View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #42
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually the current color display is based on the Hanvon B/W display. It is exactly the same only the display has color filters over the top of the pixels. That is how the 800x600 came into being. To do a 1600x1200 pixel color display would require 3200x2400 display. I do not believe the technology is there yet to provide this increased pixel density. Only after the technology exists can you start a clock on how long before a product. You need to read our wiki on how all this works. Begin with the article on E Ink and it will guide you to the article on color and high density displays.

Dale
DaleDe, you just misunderstood the whole conversation. I posted, that since may 2011 there is a b/w 2400x1650 display and wondered, how long it would take to bring out a color display based on it, which would obviously have 1200x825.
PF4Mobile suggested to look, how long it took to bring out a color display based on the Hanvon E920 b/w 1600x1200 display, which has 800x600.
So I don't need to read the wiki, you just need to read the posts carefully.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote