View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Limey
Limey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with othersLimey plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Please do. I for one would find it very useful (especially as I can understand C# better than Python).
Hi Mike.

Sorry for the delay I've been kinda busy for several months and just got round to popping back on this forum.

Just to let you know I have something up and running now which will fully parse a .mobi file, PDBHeader, PalmDOCHeader and all of the Mobi header including the extended metadata, written entirely in C# (for .Net 4.0) without relying on MobiPerl or any other external modules.

The core classes also come with supporting features such as SortedDictionary properties on each header to easily set the contents of a header as a datasource on a grid etc, and overridden ToString() methods to pump out the properties and values in a plain text format.

The interface allows for any combination of mobi properties to be selected as columns so you can view all metadata for all books in a folder at the same time in a listview, Windows Explorer style, as well as the full metadata on individual books from a right-click popup dialog.

I actually wrote this a while ago but have recently moved house and with a number of other things on just haven't had time to pop on here.

Going to tidy things up a bit when I get home tonight and then I'll post the source code and description.

Wayne.
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote