View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Very small sample so far.
But I see 11 no returns, 0 for one return and 3 for multiple returns.
Not to offend anyone... but it kind of seems to point to the fact that the returns are all from the 'excessively-OCD types'.
Excessively because I definitely have OCD. And I did not return mine.

More seriously, it is not a perfect device and, as any e-ink device I have so far seen, it is affected by huge screen variation and a low level of process control.
Not sure why that is... is it because of multiple screen-suppliers? I have had the same models of SONYs, Kindles, Nooks side-by side and there is always screen differences... the PW is no exception.

But if you are more interested in reading than in chasing technological perfection, you won't be disappointed by the PW.

Well, probably. I know I wasn't. The screen is not uniform, nor is it white. But it's by far the best screen I have seen so far.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote