View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #485
pyatrus
Enthusiast
pyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7 (2013); Sony PRS-505; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
More info:

before the MS Word crash, I am usually prompted to save both "BookCreator_2007.dotm" and "normal.dotm" but states that the files are read-only and cannot be saved. What's with this??? Is this one of the asinine Microsoft security settings that cause more problems than they solve????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyatrus View Post
MS Word 2010 with Bookcreator 2007 crashes about 99% of the time, though the epub book I'm creating usually gets created before MS Word crashes.

Word does completely crash and when I "recover" the Word file that is my source file for the epub book, it is selected from a list of recovered files from the crash, etc.

I used the earlier versions of Book creator with Word 2000 and 2003 with great success for years, but am forced to use Office 2010 on my Windows 7 computer (which I'm not happy about all in all -- the usually mediocre, at best, OS from Redmond, WA).

Any suggestions? (thanks in advance!)
pyatrus is offline   Reply With Quote