View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #617
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Dean Koontz's "Odd Thomas" book 1. Found it by accident @ Overdrive so I reserved it. Turns out it's a fun novel read by an entertaining reader.

I'm not a Koontz fan other than in passing. That said I really am enjoying this novel. It has parts that remind me of Spider Robinson's Challaham Chronicals, Pale Horse by Piers Anthony and of course Dead Like Me. It's lightweight & pleasant entertainment. I will listen to at least a couple of the sequels. As a free list via Overdrive it is a great value for sure.

Am enjoying it much more than Ben Bova's Farside and I really enjoy Bova a lot. His Sam Gunn stories are among my all time favorites. Fanside is set in that storyverse. For some reason reason • s - imply did not gain any traction on the story.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote