Thread: Les Misérables
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
What LovesMac said.

What translation did you choose? I've read Lee Fahnestock and Norman McAfee's translation the first time I read it back in high school.

After watching the recent movie I want to reread it and chose the Norman Denny translation, which can be found on the kindle for $2.99.

I don't know what the 50p one is that you mention, but if it's Wilbour or Hapgood those should be public domain and thus free, don't pay.
I believe it's Hapgood, which looks exactly the same version as the free one on Amazon but the 50p version seems to display the words instead of 'D----' and 'B-----'.

Which translation is the best?

Last edited by stop__dreaming; 01-21-2013 at 06:31 AM.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote