View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #95
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I find the pricing and the screen resolution of the new iPad mini to be totally underwhelming. I've now got my eye on a 32gb Nexus 7 --OR-- the new Nook HD.

Really, all I want is web browsing and a good color reader. The best screen right now in the 7-8" size would be the Nook HD at 1440 x 900 and 243ppi. It is also an IPS screen which is supposedly more readable in outdoor light. It puts the screen of the new iPad mini (just 162ppi) to shame. And what's more, the Nook HD will come with a card slot!

Here's the question ... Will I be able to sideload epubs into the Nook HD? I just got finished chatting with a representative on the B&N website, and she said one will be able to sideload epubs from any source into the new Nook HD. But weren't there problems doing that with the previous Nook color tablet? Does anyone know if that is true? If it really can handle epubs from any source, I think I'll be going in that direction.

Oh, and the new Nook HD will be 0.69 lbs. Just .01 lbs heavier than the new ipad Mini (supposedly some lightweight wonder).

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 10-23-2012 at 03:39 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote