View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #34
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
PilotBob

Sorry, not sure if it's your external USB HD or flash drive that you can't write to, but if you right-click on it and choose Get Info > Ownership and Permissions, you'll see your access rights to that drive; you can change them (or choose to ignore them) from the pop-up menu.

I'm sure the smarter computer folk on this forum will put me right if I'm wrong, but AFAIK whilst OSX can read NTFS formatted drives, writing to them is a bit hit and miss; I think FAT is preferred for drives shared between Windows and OSX, or HFS+Journaled if it's OSX only.

Hope this helps, Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote