View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is there anything which allows Windows to differentiate between an external USB hard disk and a memory card, I wonder? As you say, external hard disks do get a Trash Can, but memory cards don't! They both show up in the Windows Device Manager as "USB Mass Storage Device".
There must be. As is said here... my USB drive gets a Recycle bin and I can configure it's size. However, my USB flash drive doesn't get one.

The only difference I see is that the USB drive is for formated as NTFS and the memory stick as FAT.

Also, in windows I can right click on a certain drive and empty just it's recycle bin. I don't see a way to do that on my Mac. Hmm... another mystery my Mac can't write to my USB drive, it can only read it. Another new Mac user quandary.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote