View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #142
ffred
Enthusiast
ffred began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
A thousand or more apps at freewarelovers.com

I see nothing in this thread about freewarelovers.com, a site listing over a thousand android apps that can be loaded directly to your PocketBook IQ. Too bad they're not linked to SlideMe, but it doesn't matter - just use your browser and go there. I've so far successfully installed Kindle for android and Pandora (free version with ads). Nook installation was unsuccessful, but I'll keep trying. Nook is such a memory hog that, since I have a basic Nook anyway, I might give it up and install Abobe Flash Player instead and use the Nook for daytime reading. I thought that 2 GB would hold almost unlimited 4 and 5 MB apps, but my PB has trouble swallowing the (relatively) large B&N file.
After some initial disappointment with the touchscreen (I'm used to the very sensitive capacitive screen on my Palm Pre) I am refining my touch technique and am much happier than I was at first.
I'm also very impressed with the Aldiko reader, particularly it customization features. I'm reading in the dark with a black background and green type - very easy on the eyes.
I'm also reading my email on-the-go, but not answering because of the not-so-good keyboard options. I hope BlindType is available soon.
I think that the PocketBook IQ could sweep the market if it had a more sensitive (i.e., capacitive) touch screen. I would certainly pay as much for that as the Nook Color, especially after the promised 2.2 update. Watch out, iPad!
ffred
ffred is offline   Reply With Quote