View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #89
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Without getting into an argument over technicalities Would you agree that if the copyright holder broke the contract infringement would no longer be immoral at least for people using example number one?
That would be consistent with the ethical system I mentioned.

HOWEVER, entering into a contract, either implicitly or explicitly, where you know the other party is not going to meet their end AND you intend to break it because of this seems to be very duplicitous and unethical.

NOTE: I am not sure I agree with the position that contract infringement is the ethical issue at stake, but it seems to be the case with many folks around here. I still think the moral issues really only apply when you use a fair compensation for services rendered model, but I have been called a Marxist for making that argument in the past, and it has been beaten to death.
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote