View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I really do not wish to confuse the issue, but I did not read dottedmag's post to indicate "future versions will use most of the onboard storage for apps and workspace." I think that he indicated that only frequently rewritten data like the state data for the built in applications and also the logo would be in the reorganized storage area. In fact there was a specific statement indicating that 454 MegaBytes would remain for fonts, books, etc.. Link.
The august snapshot I tried *used* 400+ Mb and offered up 64Mb for books.
Maybe I misread the report, but the impression I got from the query thread was that the intent was to use most if not all the onboard flash and leave the SD card as the bookshelf.
Which is fine by me, anyway.

As to battery life, I still get two to three weeks' reading per charge with an 8GB SDHC card plugged in full time.

Different strokes and all that, I guess.