View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Simple question for a simple mind :)

Hi all,

I'm considering trying out the OI firmware on my BeBook. I don't have any experience flashing firmware on anything and I don't have any experience with anything linux based(that I'm aware of anyway!). So I thought I'd ask a couple of simple questions first.

1: I don't have a 1gig SD card and can't find any place that sells them. Will a 2gig SD card work if I format it first? It's supposed to be a workable solution according to the BeBook forums but not sure if it's different with OI.

2: I use windows XP on my home computer and I use a program called Powerdesk as a file manager. Currently it is a simple matter of dragging and dropping files to add books to my BeBook. Once I put OI on my BeBook will I still be able to do things this way or will I need special software on my computer?

3: What is currently the best format for use with OI? By best I suppose I mean most stable and with the most choice for font size and type.

4: Anything else I should be aware of or I should read up on before trying out OI?

Cheers,
PKFFW