View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #16
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Would it be possible to completely remove the body margin/padding (or make them 0)? I'd like to have simply:

@page { margin: %1 }

without "!important". Hopefully, that will let me force zero margins in a cover page with @page { margin: 0 !important}. But I'm afraid this CSS will have lower priority than the one in the book...
It is not possible for the book to force zero margins, as the left/right margins set by the user with the slider are added to any @page/body margin in the book. (Cover pages in kepubs have zero margins regardless of slider settings, but that seems to be done as a special case by the kepub reader and cannot be controlled from the book).

This patch can force the epub @page margins to zero, but that doesn't affect the left/right margins set by the slider, which are not set using CSS rules. If you used @page {margin: %1} that would result in double-sized left/right margins, as the @page margin would be added to the slider margin.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote