Thread: Aura HD For U.S. Buyers...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #73
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
You're right, sorry, I was reading!

The screen: in a word, gorgeous! Crisp, bright, beautiful. Lighting is such you don't even realize it's lit per se...it's just even and clear and highly readable.

Screen size: I love it! It looks more "book sized". I've read two full books on it since it came (I told you I'd been reading! That's all I want to do!) and am reading a third, and when I picked up my paperwhite to read a library book, the screen on it seemed small, so it didn't take long to get used to the larger screen on the Aura. I've not tried reading any of the several Dr. Who comic books I have on it because frankly, even on my iPad Mini, I find those difficult to see and read them on my full-size iPad in the Kobo app. I have eye issues so if you're young with youthful eyes, this may not be an issue for you.

Very, very happy with my purchase!
That's great to hear! Thanks a ton for the feedback! The screen size & increased resolution were what threw me over the ledge to order the Aura HD. I like my Kindle Paperwhite, but the 6" screen just seems a little too small for me. I can't wait to see the front lit screen on the Aura - my KPW has some of the well-documented "blotchiness" and the light shadows at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I'm looking forward to seeing Kobo's execution of the technology.

If only their online ordering and customer service were even remotely competitive with Amazon they could be a viable option long term...

Now get back to reading!!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote