View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #58
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Would you like to register on Bitbucket and PM me your username? Then I'll give you admin rights to kindle-touch-l10n repository (with commit rights included).
Just did that. I think you can guess my username there :-)

Quote:
I imagine translation workflow as following:
  • translators add/edit translations at transifex web-interface or via local editing and subsequent uploading to transifex
  • releaser pulls updated resources from transifex to local repo clone, commits them, pushes commited changes to bitbucket repo
  • releaser compiles whole translation update (with tools which are not created yet) from local repo clone and releases it
Sounds like a plan. In fact, that's pretty much what I was imagining.

Quote:
That said, I wouldn't mind if youl'll add your (existing or new) tools written in Perl (if they will be pretty well commented).

Release actions could be automated up to a point when they're executed by bot on some server and then compiled updates with translation pack are provided via some web-site. This is how I want it to be, but don't know yet if I can do it.
It's certainly possible to do it, and I guess we'll at least need a few tools to automate the packaging etc. Also, it is indeed possible to write readable and documented code in Perl

There's one final issue that I'm having with the JS part: the format that is used is relatively standard, but it's still executable JS which transifex can't make sense of. Would "ripping out" the strings into a .properties file make sense, so that they can be translated using the normal method? Or do you see an alternative? (short of simply editing the JS files directly).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote