View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #49
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
- /var/local/locale/de-DE/: This is where the JavaScript-related parts referred to in my last message would go to. Because there is no "built-in" method for having the Kindle choose a correct version of these, I propose an upstart script which would automatically select the correct folder, use a "mount --bind" command to "override" the unlocalized strings with it. That script doesn't exist yet, but the effect should be along the lines of
Code:
mount --bind /var/local/locale/de-DE /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/strings
I've found a way to execute JavaScript code in context of Pillow app via lipc-set-prop:

Code:
lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.pillow interrogatePillow '{"__id__": 0, "pillowId": "search_bar", "replySrc": "", "function": "document.querySelector(\".input-container label\").textContent=\"hi from a l10n possibility\""}'
This should change a placeholder of search field.

So, instead of bind mounting, upstart script could apply localized strings programmatically. More tedious work should be done to implement it, but it's less obtrusive.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote