View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #197
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Which means nothing if the numbers are not right. For instance, I have read quite a few MOBI files and I have yet to read one that has the right page count. That feature is most annoying because it is defective and does not work. If it DID work, it would be most valuable!

I have also noticed the progress bar in FB2 reader is always spot on. But there is also a bug in that (ARGH!) in that it is not possible to move the bar to the bottom of the page. It is only visible when it is set to be on top. A minor problem, yes, but still annoying.
The mobi problem is not unique to the Pocket Pro. It is basically in all implementations of the mobi reader on all platforms. It is related to the fact that mobi shows page numbers but they are estimated based on file sizes, however they are also counted as you read so you get a combination of accurate numbers and inaccurate numbers with sudden jumps when you move around the book.

Each format has its own set of problems. There is no one page numbering system. Each format is unique.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote