View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:05 AM   #123
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Talking WOW, wow, wow, I got .prc to .imp working seemlessly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have a suggestion. At some point are you going to add file conversion to impserve? Given that it is running on a computer, we do have the processing cycles to spare.

My suggestion is that you prepare for the new feature by having impserve download incompatible files (like ZIP and PRC) to the content folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I now have a semi-functional PrcConverter.py but it does not load the resulting .imp onto the reader automatically yet!
I am a bit excited about this .prc to .imp plugin. It works seemlessly now. May be a bit crude as python coding goes, but it works flawlessly!

A great suggestion from Nate, turns out to be a great convenience to ALL ebookwise 1150 users (and the few REB1200 users here).

There are two versions of this plugin for impserve; EBW1150 users will want the 'PrcConverter1150.py'; REB1200 users the 'PrcConverter1200.py'. Don't intermix. You'll need a copy of Mobi2IMP.exe (dos command) to make this work; see here for Mobi2IMP-9.4b-dos.zip.

Instructions:
=========
1. For EBW1150 users, download the 'PrcConverter1150.py.txt' and rename 'PrcConverter1150.py'.
2. Place the renamed file in your plugins directory (under your ebookutils/impserve directories).
3. That's it! Download all the non-DRM'ed mobipocket/.prc/.pdb you want to read, onto your reader, using one-step.

Enjoy and pass this info onto a friend... Native .imp downloading and now .prc download as well! WOW, wow, wow....

p.s. I also include BELOW updated versions of the AdjustSmallestFont.py for each reader (EBW1150 and REB1200).
Attached Files
File Type: txt PrcConverter1150.py.txt (1.9 KB, 435 views)
File Type: txt PrcConverter1200.py.txt (1.9 KB, 441 views)
File Type: txt AdjustSmallestFont1150.py.txt (629 Bytes, 428 views)
File Type: txt AdjustSmallestFont1200.py.txt (631 Bytes, 452 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-06-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: fixing typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote