View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
Thanks for all the replies.
1st question, what is an OP? Operating person? Am I the OP?
David's tip didn't work sadly. Thanks anyway.
Mrs Often, good point. My husband has the same book on his touch and his doesn't work either.
The book is "Kill Alex Cross" by James Patterson. The link to it http://http://www.kobobooks.com/eboo...nBg/page1.html for Sharkus? I think the http// has entered twice.
Sharkus thank you so much for your enormous reply :-) It would be nice if my problem is a bug that will be fixed. I prefer to stay clear of the computer. The Digital Editions is on my husband's PC, we run an ISP and I don't touch that PC! I have a Mac and in my early days of e-reading there were difficulties with Mac so we ran DE from the PC. Historical reasons but that's how the way was paved! I usually manage fine using the web access to my Kobo Library from my Mac or iPad when needed. I purchase from the website and download to the app or sync to the touch.
Lastly the books misbehaviour from memory, it was last March I attempted to read it! Turning pages took me back to the start of a chapter or on a chapter. The table of contents didn't work, anything tapped took me to the start of the book. I do remember the first chapter, or 20 pages or so, was impossible on the Touch but worked on the iPad but then the book went back to the start or the end. I gave it up very early on in the book planning to download it again. I've given it quite a few tries and decided last night I needed the help of 'the wise'.
Thanks, Amanda

Sorry, as Mrs_Often states, OP = Original Poster.

Not shocked about the tip on side-loading it not working, and I'd say it's due to the .acsm vs normal epub / pdf issue I mentioned, which will be addressed in the next update.

Thank you for the URL, I'll have a quick look and see if I get the same issue as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
As for the iPad thing, Sharkus will get you sorted with that as he's a developer of the iOS app (the Kobo app on your iPad)
Thanks Though I should clarify that I'm not actually one of the developers, just a lowly QA on the iOS portion of the mobile apps team.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote