View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #69
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Wow!
If you have ever walked the halls at M$ in Mountain View, you would hear languages and accents from all over the world (+ advanced geek ). String an 'English' sentence together might be hard for some.

Coding requires you understand your tools and think in their processes, not in your native language.

I inherited the maintenance of a few (Paradox DOS) applications where it was clear to me that the coder only understood the syntax, and not how the system really worked (clunky, convoluted code that barely functioned and was a bear to modify. )
And if anyone has never tried to modify a bear, let me tell you.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote