View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #57
Ramen
Connoisseur
Ramen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Meh, I think I read about 3 and the last one was a real struggle; not sure whether it's derivative or a lot of other stuff I've read is derived from it, but pretty bored overall.

Same with Feist's Magician; kinda felt like I'd read it all before.

Wheel of Time started out well but by about book 6 was a nightmare. If I left more than a couple of weeks between installments I forgot who was where with whom and even, latterly, who had been who when. Think I struggled up to 10 before giving.

Which is not to say that I don't like long, epic sagas. Just not minor variations on the same theme with casts of thousands.
I dropped Feist because it was getting to be just another Shounen Manga. Robin Hobb also always has the same plot structure, it seems. Soldier Son Trilogy is just the same as the Farseer line of books.

As for Goodkind... I liked the first half of the series but then he degenerated into a preacher. Still finished reading all books, though. :/
Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote