View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #29
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I guess I am the only one who heard you have gone through 2 of these and still find it lacking - especially in the build-quality dept. Considering how much it will be carried around, I cannot tolerate poor physical quality.

Was considering this device but having reservations. What about it do you find lacking exactly plz?
if you check xda you'll see the common build quality issues. not everyone has them.

1 - right speaker louder than left. unknown if software or hardware. i didn't notice balance problems when hooked up to headphones so it may be hardware.

2 - creaky, separating frame. the edges start to separate and become "squishy." in one case the guy's tf actually split apart. he glued it back.

3 - excessive light bleed. it doesn't affect average normal use, but my normal use is in the dark with a black b/g so i see all the time and it's hard to unsee it.

4 - gaps in frame. there is a little gap that is present on the left and top on some units.

5 - unresponsive screen. sometimes it took multiple taps for the tf to register a touch. it made the xoom feel faster b/c i could just touch lightly on the xoom to respond to my touch (i went through 4 xooms - 2 defects - 2 b/c i couldn't make up my mind, lol). this could be fixed with a software update.

these are the main ones i read about and were present in 2 transformers.

Last edited by madsquabbles; 05-19-2011 at 07:59 AM.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote