View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
David apparently has excellent hearing. he quoted him (3 posts up) as saying

"Well that's why you guys are going away...just so you know."

so ricky, what are your thoughts on that conference ??
It was phenomenal. I made so many connections it bordered on the insane. And, the panels (especially the questions and comments .... even the twittered comments and questions ... were intense).

I was invited (by Guy Kawasaki) to attend the Alltop party on Sunday night, and that was fantastic. I met several authors there, and then on Tuesday attended a panel on "From Blog to Book Deal" .... not because I'm thinking of writing a book so much as I was curious as to the views of some of the bloggers who's blogs I am just starting to read.

I ended up purchasing a few books at the festival .... not because I plan to actually read the p-books, I've got e-book copies of them and will read those .... but because there is something very cool about purchasing a book with the author sitting right in front of you, and then having them autograph it. That's the one thing you still can not do with an e-book.

I went to buy a copy of "Reality Check" only to have Guy tell me that he'd send me a copy when he got home. That didn't work for me .... dammit, I happen to think that there is a moral imperative to support good authors and artists and I like to pay my way.

I'm off topic again, aren't I?? Anyway, I didn't go to much of the graphics/gaming events (which I thought I would find more interesting, but didn't), and attending anything I could on digital publishing.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote