View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #138
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Question

Sorry, I should have narrowed that down to larger-screen devices. You know, reaching 440 ppi on a small-screen device such as a smartphone isn't quite the same achievement (although definitely admirable) as to do it on an 8-inch screen. You can also observe that trend on Retina-screen MacBooks, in that their screens don't approach the quality of the iPad (let alone iPhone) Retina screens ("only" 220/227 ppi on the MacBooks).

By the way, can you give me the exact calculation for that hypothetical new iPad mini with a Retina screen (doubling the current resolution)? I'm too inept or lazy to calculate it myself. iPad 3+ currently has 264 ppi, and the iPhone 4+ is at 326 ppi. The current iPad mini is at a paltry 163 ppi, almost as bad as the original iPad (132 ppi). If anyone can give us the exact figure for iPad mini with Retina, please do.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote