View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #34991
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Wow those are stunning.
Thanks. The Japanese Maples seem to have a much more vibrant red than the Sugar Maples, Norway Maples, Red Maples, etc., etc.

I usually shoot landscapes using a very vivid setting on my camera that simulates the appearance of Fuji Velvia film. But I'm finding that I have to re-set the shooting menu to a less saturated image, as these local maples are just too damn red! On a ride Sunday, I passed a large tea garden that had a single large Maple tree next to the rows of tea. I stopped to photograph it, but then realized that the brilliance of the red was almost clashing with the brilliance of the green of the tea, so didn't take the picture!

But I think I'm done with Fall foliage photography for the year. The leaves will stay bright for another couple of weeks, but I'm getting bored. I need something different.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote