View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
With PRS+ you cannot brick the reader! That's a fact. So:

Did you do other "things" with the firmware on the reader?

If yes: yes, you can "toast" it (I did it...).
  • Solution: that depends on... (I had to call Sony...)
If no:
  • hardware is defective --> call Sony
  • software is defective --> factory restore (not just reformating! You should have 3 sample books on the reader after factory reset)

I have had same behaviour of my reader like you (no connection to the reader via PC). First time a factory restore did the job. Second time I bricked the reader with faulty firmware. No change for me to fix it --> Sony did the job.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote