View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Anybody?

Some additional info, which makes me think it's not simply battery drain. My 350 was working OK for a few days, and battery meter was at 3 bars. Was reading earlier, shut off the Reader (not a full shutdown). Tried to start it up again a couple of hours later--dead. No pressing of the on/off switch or reset button helped.

As soon as I connected it to a usb cable (to my pc), the Reader began "opening book" as if starting up from a full shutdown. The orange light on top began flashing for a few seconds, and then the red recharge light came on (with some flashing for another minute). Reader screen said it was charging. When I disconnected, it seemed to be back to normal, except it 'forgot' the book I was reading; on the homescreen, the 'continue reading' section at top was blank.

Any ideas why my Reader goes dead and restarts instantly when connected to a usb cable? I haven't added books in a while, am using just a small portion (maybe 5%) of internal memory. The one library book (ePub) I borrowed a while back has been finished and deleted for a while.

If nobody has any idea, I'm just gonna do a factory reset and reload books, I guess. Last chance to prove you're a Reader maven!!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote