View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
PRS-350 dead but revives instantly with USB--battery?

Didn't see this specific problem so I'm looking for suggestions of a possible cause. My 350 is becoming unresponsive daily when I try to start it up--power switch does nothing, once or twice a day. As soon as I connect it to a charger or computer by USB, it starts up and loads as if it were fully shut down. (Orange light blinks a couple of times, then the red comes on.) The battery indicator is full both before I turn it off (sleep) and when it recovers via USB.

I've left it connected to a wall charger overnight as well, same problem the next day. Only added book recently was a library-borrowed ePub, which I finished and deleted; same 'dead 350' problem still occurs.

It seems like it might be a charging problem or dead battery that isn't holding a charge, but the battery level also indicates full and I have charged it for long periods to no avail.

I'm using PRS+ firmware; had a russified firmware earlier. (Forget which one exactly.) No problems until about a week ago; now when I try to turn it on it's a crapshoot whether it will behave normally or be unresponsive.

Would a factory reset help? ANy other thoughts or things to check? (I've had Sony Readers for about 4 years now and I think I'm familiar with most of the general issues, but this problem is puzzling/frustrating me!) Thx!!!

Last edited by DrMoze; 09-16-2011 at 01:43 AM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote