View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #364
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
It definitively works better than the Kindle on PDFs (mainly due to the better resolution). The Kindle's pinch zoom is easier, though.
For my multi-column PDF's I would need to split the pages in some program before syncing to the Aura.

Two questions:
1. If I set the page refresh from 6 to 1 (due to that bug), will that decrease battery time notably?
2. Is it possible to turn off the "Page # of #" in PDF viewing? (Especially in Landscape mode that would be nice)
I haven't seen a noticeable effect on battery life when setting the page refresh to 1. Page turns are a bit slower and it is a bit annoying with the flash each page but after a few pages I no longer really noticed it. After a while though, I went back to using an iPad for PDFs. Even on the Aura, the diagrams in the tech documents were just too hard to read. OTOH, I keep them on my Aura -- hard to read beats not available to read.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote