View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #34
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
I second Xanthe's recommendation of nch's firmware. I believe he recommends the one based off the 9/23 pandigital firmware for people who are not computer savy.

One app you won't be able to run, but might want to is Adobe Reader X (his build comes with Adobe 9). He has another thread with patches. There is one in there that will change your SDK to 8 so that that app will work.

There is a lot going on over at Slatedroid now as they work with the new open platform Android firmwares that pandigital has been posting unofficially, so look for good stuff in the next month or so as these new firmwares get refined by the hackers over there.

But I'd stay away from them for now. Nch's all in one should set you up nicely.

You got a nice bargain at 40 dollars. I think they raised the price back up to 170 to prevent people from doing what I did: take back the machine they bought for 100 dollars or so and return it, and then buy it right back for 60.

Have fun with it. It isn't an iPad, but it's one heck of a bargain. I started off using mine as a PDF reader, but do most of my ePubs on it too now. I like the included reader in night mode.

I am in agreement with Xanthe's and soondai's recommendation of the 9/23 version by Nchntrman.

Things on my PDN are working well. I did put an apk that jacked up my reader, so I backed up all my things, reformated the external SD card and reinstalled the 9/23 PDN OEM and then the 9/23 Nchntrman program. I then copied all my kindle, barnes & noble & kobo ebooks, proven apks, photos, and etc back onto the external SD card. Things are running fine now
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote