View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #115
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ok, shouldn't have written my last reply from work and waited until I got home. What I wrote was rubbish, quote_plus is percent encoding the values.

Prior to calling the safe_format function, the title/author are sitting there in the "fixed_vals" array with values like this:
Nieznany+wyj%C4%85tek

However after calling safe_format, the value when substitued into the URL now looks like this:
Code:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&q=%22Nieznany wyjÄ…tek%22+%22Unknown%22
So those percent encoded characters have now been "fiddled with" by safe_format. If I take that URL and call webbrowser.open(), it works fine. However QUrl doesnt want to know about it.

So perhaps we are back to pointing our finger at the safe_format function, which after all was the one thing that has changed between the allegedly working and currently not working releases. Where was the old safe_format code located? If I can find it on an old branch on my machine I could try it to see if that is the problem.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote