View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
My experience with web techies is most, if not all, need to go back to basic error trapping 101, assuming they took it. Most error trapping I've seen on websites direct you to a message that rarely is relevent to the actual problem. It's a lot of work to write error trapping routines with the correct error message. By the time the web page designer gets through with the site itself, error trapping, which generally gets left for last to avoid having to do it over if a design had to change along the line (and it usually does), tend to wind up being a hurry up job. I've had websites throw me into an endless loop because I'd blocked their cookies and the programming merely has the site retry to insert the cookie without a limit on the times it would retry. A properly written error trap would have limited the number of retries, then put up a message saying that cookies have to be enabled to use the site. Then I know to send the site back to level of hell it belongs in. I've had sites say the webpage was unavailable when in fact the cookie was blocked.

Whether that is the case here I don't know but putting up the wrong reason a website is down seems typical of most website designers. This can cost you all a lot of money in lost cutomers since most people vistiting the site would not know to come here to find out what was really going on. If after a few tries to get something they continue to fail, they will go elsewhere and not go back.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote