View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #252
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Ok... another quick feedback about Surface usage (I got mine yesterday, yay!). I will most likely update it later.

Pros:
-Dude! It has Handwriting recognition!
-Touch cover is awesome
-Standalone. No need to synch anything (there's USB, network connection, etc.) In fact, there is no cable to connect it to your computer at all!

"Biased" Cons (because I'm moving from an iPad 1):
-The format is really weird! Feels like a baseball bat on portrait
-It doesn't weight more but because of the shape the center of gravity is strongly shifted! In the ipad is in the centre no matter if it's on portrait or landscape, in the Surface... it's on the ends on portrait. Meaning, ... it's difficult to hold it on one end, you have to hold it straight in the middle (unless you do weight lifting with your fingertips).

All in all, ... o_O... O_o I dunno. Feature, design and capabilities blow the ipads out of the water (bye, bye Itunes!). The response on some apps was a little bit laggy though (here the lightweigth iOS wins by a hair, but to be honest I was opening and closing apps like crazy XD).

Format... weeeird, really weird. If you like landscape mode, this is your new god.

EDIT: it seems that handling it as tablett in Portrait is easier without the touch Cover O_o

Last edited by darknessangel; 12-05-2012 at 05:45 PM.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote