View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Hi Scott!

Welcome back to MobileRead after almost a year hiatus

Sorry to hear about your iLiad and the abandonment of all that beneficial development stuff!

I've been meaning to ask you if you still had some REB 1200 development code lying around, namely your JRebPub java utility and such.

Sorry to digress, but I remember reading your earlier posts about the early days with the REB 1200 and couldn't pass this opportunity to ask you!

I've recently started developing for the REB 1200 (ya, I know, "...get with the times..."), but it's really exciting to be able to capitalize on the laurels of past efforts, like the .imp format reverse engineering by Jeffrey Kraus-yao.

Any insights you may have would be welcomed given you were a "pioneer" of sorts on the REB 1200 development front!

One last question, if I may, do you know the format of the SoftBook PICT image format used in the .imp? It's not the Apple PICT format (or MacPaint pct format). I can't figure it out!

BTW, if you have any old (unencrypted) .imp ebooks that you would like to transfer to your Kindle (where you don't have access to the source .html), consider trying deimp.exe to extract just the text portion. I've also written a perl script (imp_dump.pl) to extract the images within the .imp, but I have not yet integrated the (decompressed) text with images to yield a .html version of the ebook. I will soon release the perl script, though!

And here's to a better battery design on the Kindle!