View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argelius View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm finding it far easier to find music onine that I like (as opposed to going to a CD store -- not that they exist anymore); however, browsing thru a book store is much easier. But I'd determined to try to read more...
if you're looking to discover new books, you could also start a thread in the "reading recommendations" forum ; list some authors or books you already know you like and explain basically what you're looking for. i've discovered some amazing authors thanks to various recommendations on this thread, and people here have such diverse tastes and interests that there's sure to be someone with some good suggestions.

also, i honestly don't know whether it will match your taste, but for science fiction take a look at the baen free library (everybody will tell you that in your thread anyway ) which publishes a lot of science fiction ; they've got plenty of books available free so you can try new authors, and if you like what you find they sell their books for really reasonable prices, particularly if you order them in the "webscription" formula which is a monthly batch of books.

there are so many books out there it can be a bit overwhelming, luckily there are good ways to narrow it down.

happy reading !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote