View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I agree with HarryT.

The only time I would use this feature would be if a friend (who doesn't have an e-reader) and I are buying the same book and need to read it at the same time (ie. new release book or required for school). Then, I would read the ebook and my friend would read the printed book. However, in this case, both of us would have bought the book anyways, so this promotion is not really helping Amazon.

I could see some people with e-readers taking advantage of this offer, and then reselling the physical copy for a price that undercuts Amazon (depending on the gift card value). I myself would not go through the trouble of buying a product and shipping it off, unless the reward was something like $20.

Perhaps if you could explain the benefits of having both (besides being able to share), I would better understand your argument.

Last edited by kranu; 07-07-2011 at 01:57 AM.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote