View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I would just stuck with whatever you're more comfortable with and go from there. Converting between the various XML based formats is probably fairly trivial. Going between LaTeX and XML is a little trickier, but there are lots of tools to look at besides latex2html. There's also TeX4ht, TtH, Hevea, tex2page, etc. At least some of those are very customizable so if you don't like how something is handled by default, you can change it.

For my projects, I ended up writing my own sed scripts for converting the LaTeX source to (X)HTML. They're very project specific, though, and take awhile to perfect, but they still beat having to work with two independent sources in case I need to make small changes.

I think in addition to Prince, however, there are some ways now of using ConTeXt macros with either the TeX or LuaTeX engines to typeset various species of XML directly. I've been meaning to learn about that, but can never find the time.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote