View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
terryp52
terryp52 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Problem with blank screen

Hi, I have had my Sony 505 14 months now with no problems but today disaster visited me. I always carry it around with the protective screen fabric and a rubber band around the leather cover. Today I was going to pick my wife up and thought I would just take it with no protection as I was only going down the road, I took one foot out of the door and the 505 slipped out of my hand and crashed to a concrete floor, I didn't realised what had happened until I opened to and tried to switch it on , there was nothing but a couple of grey bands, I then noticed that one corner on the aluminium surround had been damaged, the screen was untouched.
After numerous attempts to get it going, trying resets soft and hard , recharging etc, looking at the help in this forum I have to admit the thing is dead, some of the suggestions mentioned while doing resets some words might appear but I don't have anything apart from the grey bands.
Has anyone had experience of this dead screen and if so any idea of how much it might cost if I sent it back to Sony, is it worth getting it repaired?
If I bought another reader, which one would I be able to transfer my collection which consists of mainly EPUB, Sony LRF, Adobe Digital Editions.I have about 80 books.
One other factor is, which has a user replacement battery after reading how expensive it it from Sony. ( unless the rumours are wrong )
Don't get me wrong I love the 505 and if I could get it repaired at a reasonable cost I would consider it.
If anyone has any helpful ideas I would be grateful
Thanks
terryp52 is offline   Reply With Quote