View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I first read it voluntarily as an adult, I imagine I would have been entirely put off it if I had been forced to read it in school.
Actually, it was the favourite "duty" book of many of us. Maybe it helped that the book was translated into contemporary German. And when I re-read the book in English last year I quickly started to wonder how much I had forgotten. But my memory didn't fail me that much, the translation has just been shortened significantly. So, the good adventure story had been kept, but many more boring parts like the religious references were cut out or shortened.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote