View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #61
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I actually know of a handful of authors I will not buy because of how they behaved or because of their politics. I don't care if their work is any good - I don't want to be involved in supporting them.

I know people, for example, who won't buy OS Card because of his religious beliefs and/or statements he's made on his blog.

OS Card (whom I used to LOVE) went quite off the rails. I won't read him anymore, although I feel quite sorry for him (he seems to have taken the nosedive after the death of his child) - not so much because I disagree with him, but because I don't think he has anything more worth saying.

I don't think LMB's words or actions are in the same planet - much less the same ballpark.

YMMV, but I think this brouhaha is pretty small potatoes.
khalleron is online now   Reply With Quote