View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #119
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I'm not getting this Book Cleaner right... I did everything as the posts here instruct, I load my book, and I get question marks where em dashes should be. I checked the "language" in options, saw it was English. Since I read this should be German, I put German and now I have regular dashes... better than question marks, but still... no em dashes...

Can someone explain to me how this is supposed to work? I feel like such an idiot... em dashes are important. and I want 'em ..

Other than this little problem, everything is fine. I'm using Book Designer to edit all my books and I have to say, it's one damn fine program.
There's one other important step to take: on the "Make Sony Reader" dialog, go to the "Options" page and in the "Misc" section, set the "dashes" option to "as it is".

Quote:
Oh, one more thing... how do I save to Book Designer's native format? I can see it in the Open Book dialog (html0, cit), but not in the Save As dialog...
What I do personally is to make a copy of the entire "LastFile" folder in BD and copy it to the folder where I have my book source.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote