View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #10
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post

Can you show me some of this? I'd be very interested to read about this rule changing.

To my knowledge:

Logical Punctuation (punctuation sometimes outside) is used in British-style + technical writing.

American-style (punctuation always inside) is used across the board, with rare edge cases of punctuation outside (such as bibliographies or article titles).

Note: I wrote a little bit about this in my Post #16 "Punctuation rules of thumb?".
Oh, it's American useage? That would explain it. Another case of you lot messing around with my language :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote