View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 03:10 AM   #190
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I've uploaded a new version of the program to the first post in this thread. The file magic is now checked before loading images to avoid the kind of crashes seen with the __MACOSX metadata files. The magic is also checked when a CBZ archive or image directory is first opened, so that only valid images get added to the list to be viewed. Checking the magic is a bit slow with CBR archives, so the opening check is left as a configuration option in that case. If this is disabled and there are invalid files in the CBR archive, they will just appear as blank images when they are loaded (rather than crashing the program as before).

PocketBook seems to be coming out with new models at a brisk pace, and it's getting tiresome trying to keep up with them and guessing the capabilities of the new devices without having them in my hands. So, I've added the ability to provide a configuration file with the capabilities of new devices, so that the program can work properly on them without needing to be rebuilt. The new configuration files are named after the device model numbers (e.g. 626.cfg), and are placed in the /system/share/pbiv/ folder. I've added configuration files for the new 614, 624 and 626 devices to the device_cfg.zip file in the first post. Instructions for creating new configuration files are available in the zip file, as well as at the website, so users of new devices (like, say, the Aqua) can get the program running without waiting for me to release a new version. New files can be posted here and included in future zip files for everyone's convenience. Older devices are supported internally by the program, and no configuration file is necessary for them, although a file can be used to override the hardcoded capabilities if desired.

@gyeben has added a Hungarian translation, and the French, Portuguese, German, Dutch and Japanese translations have been updated for the latest features by their translators (PascalV, seichiro118 and dtanis). Many thanks to them for their contribution, as well as to @runiterium for redoing the German translations to fit within the smaller new devices..

Last edited by rkomar; 04-20-2014 at 03:14 AM.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote