View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #4
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I'm starting to wonder what the justification is for Kobo to charge us the country taxes.

I'm buying books from an Canadian website, being charged from Canada, and being downloaded from Canada.

The only connection to Australia is where my Kobo account's address is and the GeoRegion that the books are for sale in. There really isn't much of an Australian connection in the purchase.

The fact that the books are being delivered in Australia is meaningless, as the GST isn't charged on imports until you reach the $1000 level.

In fact, the two books I've bought from Kobo using my Australian account are not Australian-specific editions, one is an international edition, the other is a US edition.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote