View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #160
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I suspect you all are pretty tired with this whole episode, but a recent incident involving Theodore Beale aka Vox Day is now making the rounds.

N. K. Jemisin was Guest of Honor at Continuum in Australia where she noted, without naming names, the recent candidacy of a certain writer for President of SFWA.

Vox Day wasn't pleased. He used the SFWA Authors twitter feed to post a rant against Jemisin, calling her an “ignorant half-savage” and saying that “self-defense laws have been put in place to let whites defend their lives and their property from people, like her, who are half-savages engaged in attacking them.”

Blogger Amal El-Mohtar is asking SFWA members to write to the board to expel Theodore Bealle from SFWA.

http://amalelmohtar.com/2013/06/13/c...ale-from-sfwa/
I'm confused. Is Vox Day the same person as Theordore Bealle?

(I'm not confused about the point of your post, just the names.)
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote