View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Hi, I'm Laurel, the owner of my first ever e-book reader, an Amazon Kindle. I really appreciate the books that you all make available here. What a great service. I'm finding that they are better formatted than many of the books from the Kindle store.

I've only run into one problem. I downloaded this book from Patricia. It works fine on the Mobipocket reader but will not come up on my Kindle. Patricia says that there is no copyright problem with the text or the pictures. She thought that one of you might be able to solve this puzzle for me.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17891

I just checked the Kindle store and downloaded a sample of their version. The formatting is terrible. I really want to take advantage of the beautiful work that Patricia did. This is one of the books that I remember from my childhood. My father had a lovely edition of it and often would quote line after line. He's ninety-one now and can still quote from it.

Laurel
a new member
I just took a look at the thread for the book you want to read. I do not own a Kindle, but I do have a guess as to what might be an issue. It could be the accents in the filename and/or the metadata. Try renaming the file without the accents. If it still does not work, ask Patricia to make you a new version without the accents in the metadata and see if that works. Good luck and Welcome to MobileRead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote