View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Bltprf502
Enthusiast
Bltprf502 doesn't litterBltprf502 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300S (GONE), Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post

I'm very pleased with it, and have read a good few books on it now. It's a very rapidly changing market, though, and I expect that in another 6-18 months I might have bought something else with a markedly better screen. Having had a reader for a while, my priority is definitely the reading experience, rather than the faffing about in-between (on-line purchase, finding books etc.) - so a markedly better quality touch-screen is what would prompt me to want anything else (the touch screen is a must-have for me now, for dictionary access primarily). The size and aesthetics are excellent as they are, except for A4-format things like many PDFs, for which I would prefer a different reader (in addition - I wouldn't want to only have an A4 reader, for portability reasons).
I wanted a Kindle or Nook, but not comfortable with the "locked in" feeling. Sony is just more open to different formats without making software exceptions. I haven't found anything I can't load on it. Maybe I'm lucky. I can't decide if its worth keeping it or sticking with the 300. Right now I have both.... Big price difference!

And back on topic... All Sony 300,600, 900 that I have had experience with do the PDF thing just great.. among other formats as well. Maybe that s why I like the Sony's.
Bltprf502 is offline   Reply With Quote