View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #38
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
If all he needs is the little blurb and the jump off from there, then I give all him kudos.

The problem is trying to explain it to 3242343453 other people that may not have any idea what else is next.

I'm sure as it develops further it could catch my attention again.
But isn't what was written exactly the kind of blurb you'd find on the back of a book, or near enough as damn? It peeked my interest immediately, had me thinking of a Thing-like race of Werewolves forgotten by time and what could happen after they'd been released from their icy tomb. I suppose it's all about different approaches to fiction and how they fit with us.

I remember an interview with Ed McBain (RIP) talking about how he wrote his stories, and forgiving the pararphrasing, but he said:

I start with a dead body on page one and just follow what happens from there in

I can understand if it didn't tickle your fancy, but I reckon there's a lot of slack in writing and it all comes down to personal preference in the end.

To the OP, I'd love to know more about the story and what you hope to do with it. Will it have that Thing-esque feel? Or will you discover what happens as you write?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote