Thread: ePub to Word
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 04:09 AM   #12
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by laji View Post
Sorry: Word (mine is 2003) does not convert internal links, when converts HTML to DOC.

I tried: changed all occurences of <a href="../Text/mymergedbook_1.xhtml# to <a href="# before opening the html in Word, but with no success.

And, the second: after merging files with Sigil, the new file could not open in Firefox Epubreader! It says: "A Firefox nem találja a fájlt a(z) /C:/Documents and Settings/Lala/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/febeprof.Lala/epub/127/OEBPS/jogilexikon_1.xhtml helyen." (Firefox does not find the file in that place.)

So, total failure...
As I don't work with Word 2003 anymore for a long time already, I have no opportunity to check. However, links are always cumbersome during the import, also for newer version. For example, if you have foot-/endnotes the links will work, but not considered as foot-/endnotes. It would be best to recreate the links in the Word document. What is the origin of the links? Where do they point to?

If you merge the files with Sigil (take care if you have internal stylesheets like sgc-x, things can really be messy then), you need to recreate the ncx (TOC) before using it as an ePUB again. Probably that is the reason why it doesn't work in ePUBReader.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote